Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Movie that has Impacted Me

I really had to sit back and think about what movie has impacted me. I remember mentioning in class that I hate bullying and that it truly is something that bothers me. So Pay It Forward came to mind. While I had never really been bullied, I remember watching the movie with my family when it came out, and I was bothered that the bully in the movie bullied people for no reason. And it wasn't just verbal. It bothered me as a ten-year-old (age I was when movie came out in 2000) that this boy (main character) and his friend were bullied and they didn't do anything to deserve it. I also realized that it could happen to me or anyone my age and younger (I realize even now that it happens at any age). That may be why it scared me and stuck with me. I watched it again a few years later, still very anxious, dreading the end. It did not have a happy ending but I learned later that that's just reality. Victims of bullying have died from it and that bothers me to this day. They are either killed from direct physical abuse, or they end their own life, because they have no hope of it stopping. That breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment