Sunday, January 29, 2012

Goals for this Class

In this class I really want to learn the technical skills of shooting and editing video and composing it into an interesting film that really captures the audience's attention. I am I Digital Media major alone. My concentration is not in film or animation. It's just Digital Media, but I do want to learn how to compose a short film for future reference. So in list form, here are my goals:

  • Learn video/sound editing techniques
  • Learn to write a story (screenplay) for a movie/ short film
  • Learn how to create a compelling short film
  • Discover the audience(s) I wish to reach
  • Truly narrow down the topics I want to explore for short films
  • Learn to effectively convey my message to my audience
  • Learn how to properly critique a film
This is the list I came up with in one sitting. I'm sure more will come up as the semester continues. I am extremely nervous about this class because a lot of this is new to me, but I am excited about learning new digital techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment