Sunday, January 29, 2012

4 Minute Speech Notes

So below are the notes I wrote down in preparation for my 4 minute speech about myself.  There were six prompts to answer:

1. Peculiarities of my life that have made me see with special eyes are ...
2. Conflicts formative in my life are ...
3. Themes that I'd like to work with are ...
4. Types of character I empathize with are ...
5. Story topics I'd like to explore are ...
6. Ways I'd like to act on my audience are ...
 
So, normally, when I prepare to do a presentation of any sort I try to jot down my first responses at they form in my head. I did the same with these prompts. I read them to myself and I wrote down what came to mind, hence, the large amount of notes. 
After I wrote down my notes for this assignment I realized that I only had 4 minutes, so what I did next was go back through my notes, realize I could not cover everything in 4, and then decided which information was the most important for this assignment.

I circled a few letters here and there as visual reminders, but I also made mental reminders. I tried to program an order in my mind so that I wouldn't have to glance at my notes too much.

So this is a photo of my note taking:


No comments:

Post a Comment